Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Oatmeal Cookie


Now I know what you guys are probably thinking-how can you have Oatmeal Cookies without raisins? It's hard to conceive I know, but trust me when I tell you you'll absolutely LOVE these! What I did to these is quite simple actually, I just didn't put in the raisins. Instead what I added was a simple design that adds to the flavor (royal icing). That's it, that's all...they're gone! Try them, I hope you'll love them as much as my family does!

My personal favorite!

For dough:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar (dark)
1/2 cup granulated sugar (white)
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

For decoration:
1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (powder sugar)
1 egg white

Pre-heat oven to 350*F.

Blend together butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.

Add the combined flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in the oats until blended.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

Cool completely.

Icing:

Mix powdered sugar and egg white until thick and at a spreading consistency.
I usually place the sugar mix in a small ziplock baggie with a small cut in the corner. You can use a spoon as well. Then simply drizzle over the cookies in any desired pattern. Let cool for about 2 minutes and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed

Post a Comment



 

About Me

Followers

JB's Bakes Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER